Wednesday 27 November 2013

Autumnal makeup favourites + OOTD: Casual & Sleek

Hello everyone! I really apologize for the lack of posts lately - I've been so overrun with uni work and assignments. I have many posts yet to come including a few reviews, my daily skincare routine & current favourite makeup bits and bobs. How does that sound? Also, you can always request a post of your choice. Simply contact me via the contact form on the right hand-side of my blog or comment underneath this post :)

This is a very simple outfit which brings together some of my favourite clothing pieces of the month. The makeup also is my favourite November look - smokey brown and natural. Read on for more info!



Hijab decided to do something funny here..




Hijab: Bank (it's a jersey scarf with fringes - initially an  infinity scarf but I cut it up - a current absolute favourite!)

Long grey sleeveless shirt: H&M

Coat: New Look (I get compliments on this coat wherever I am - strangers are always asking me about it- great quality, comfortable and great for this weather)

Skirt: Ebay

Shoes: H&M

Infinity woolly scarf: www.etsy.com/shop/ElaKnit


Makeup: This autumn I've been loving a brown natural smokey, I usually pat on a mid-town matte brown shadow on the lid and blend it outwards above the crease (from Stila 'happy ever after' palette) I also sometimes blend in a dark brown through the crease. Or if I'm in a hurry I'll use the Maybelline colour tattoo in 'On and on Bronze' which is a gorgeous shimmery brown and lasts all day! For eyebrows I'm currently having a love affair with HD Brows kit in 'Foxy' (I think this affair might go on to something serious!). A phenomenal product; lasts all day and colour pigment is amazing. For lips I have been mixing my favourite nude 'Yash' by Mac with Sleek's 'Vamp' to create a gorgeous neatral brownish/reddish/nudish colour, it's not very clear in the above photos. My favourite blushes are featured in the Sleek Blush-by-3 palette in the shade 'sugar' - amazing autumnal colours with stunning pigment and alternating textures.



I hope you enjoyed this post, many more are to come! :)

Habiba Da Silva x