Saturday 11 January 2014

How to deal with hate comments, i.e. Invalidity

Hello hello hello and salaam girls, I've always wanted to make a post some people might class as 'rants' - i.e. speaking my mind fluidly with no constrictions or conformations. This is just 100% Habiba Da Silva. Let me know if you'd like more posts like this with mention of topics and ideas. Enjoy!



To be behind an array of social networks these days takes a lot of heart and mind strength. The more the popularity, the more people will like you and hate you. This has become a well-known formula and is something everyone needs to take heed of because it is reality. For whatever reason, no matter how much good you do - religiously or morally - people will find reasons to go against you, your beliefs or your appearance. Now I'm not making this post to judge these people or downcast them (Allah and karma are good enough), this post is to enlighten you with a frame of mind I've imposed on myself to the point where I can honestly say no matter how bad a remark is said against me it does not affect me in any way.

Many of my friends try to sympathise with me when they see a negative comment on my social networks and are usually surprised when I tell them that it doesn't bother me. 

As long as you know yourself, your intentions, your capability and have belief in yourself nothing anyone says should bother you. You're the only one who knows you, the false accusations are thus invalid, the rude comments are fuelled from jealousy and the fact that you have something that person wants and cannot have/achieve should in fact make you happy and humbled to be you! 

Many girls these days like to mask their hate comments as 'advice' especially in the hijabi-globe. Yet don't they realise that their so called 'advice'  is given in the completely wrong method which contradicts their purpose. Therefore their comment is more or less invalid.

Keep that in mind the next time someone comments negatively on your social networks.

Habiba Da Silva x